Helping Students Make Connections Across Biology
Campbell BIOLOGY is the unsurpassed leader in introductory biology. The text’s hallmark values—accuracy, currency, and passion for teaching and learning—have made it the most successful college introductory biology book for eight consecutive editions.
Building on the Key Concepts chapter framework of previous editions, Campbell BIOLOGY, Ninth Edition helps students keep sight of the “big picture” by encouraging them to:
- Make connections across chapters in the text, from molecules to ecosystems, with new Make Connections Questions
- Make connections between classroom learning, research breakthroughs, and the real world with new Impact Figures
- Make connections to the overarching theme of evolution in every chapter with new Evolution sections
- Make connections at a higher cognitive level through new Summary of Key Concepts Questions and Write About a Theme Questions
This is the standalone book if you want the Book with Mastering Biology order the ISBN below:
ISBN 0321558146 / 9780321558145 Campbell Biology with MasteringBiology®
Package consists of
0321558235 / 9780321558237 Campbell Biology
0321686500 / 9780321686503 MasteringBiology® with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Campbell Biology
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Themes in the Study of Life
I. THE CHEMISTRY OF LIFE
2. The Chemical Context of Life
3. Water and Life
4. Carbon and the Molecular Diversity of Life
5. The Structure and Function of Large Biological Molecules
II. THE CELL
6. A Tour of the Cell
7. Membrane Structure and Function
8. An Introduction to Metabolism
9. Cellular Respiration and Fermentation
11. Cell Communication
12. The Cell Cycle
13. Meiosis and Sexual Life Cycles
14. Mendel and the Gene Idea
15. The Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
16. The Molecular Basis of Inheritance
17. From Gene to Protein
18. Regulation of Gene Expression
21. Genomes and Their Evolution
IV. MECHANISMS OF EVOLUTION
22. Descent with Modification: A Darwinian View of Life
23. The Evolution of Populations
24. The Origin of Species
25. The History of Life on Earth
V. THE EVOLUTIONARY HISTORY OF BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY
26. Phylogeny and the Tree of Life
27. Bacteria and Archaea
29. Plant Diversity I: How Plants Colonized Land
30. Plant Diversity II: The Evolution of Seed Plants
32. An Overview of Animal Diversity
33. An Introduction to Invertebrates
34. The Origin and Evolution of Vertebrates
VI. PLANT FORM AND FUNCTION
35. Plant Structure, Growth, and Development
36. Resource Acquisition and Transport in Vascular Plants
37. Soil and Plant Nutrition
38. Angiosperm Reproduction and Biotechnology
39. Plant Responses to Internal and External Signals
VII. ANIMAL FORM AND FUNCTION
40. Basic Principles of Animal Form and Function
41. Animal Nutrition
42. Circulation and Gas Exchange
43. The Immune System
44. Osmoregulation and Excretion
45. Hormones and the Endocrine System
46. Animal Reproduction
47. Animal Development
48. Neurons, Synapses, and Signaling
49. Nervous Systems
50. Sensory and Motor Mechanisms
51. Animal Behavior
52. An Introduction to Ecology and the Biosphere
53. Population Ecology
54. Community Ecology
55. Ecosystems and Restoration Ecology
56. Conservation Biology and Global Change
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$22.60 | Add to Cart
$24.00 | Add to Cart
$26.40 | Add to Cart
$32.40 | Add to Cart
$32.40 | Add to Cart
$53.60 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Campbell Biology, 10th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$147.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-68329-8
$113.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-68654-1
$113.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77681-5
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67787-7
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77682-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users