Soar to New Heights with Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections!
Campbell Biology: Concepts and Connections continues to introduce pedagogical innovations, which motivate students to not only learn but also engage with biology. The Eighth Edition of this market-leading book builds on its hallmarks of accuracy, currency, and a dedication to revolutionizing teaching and learning solutions. This thorough revision focuses on providing instructors with the resources needed to invigorate the course and gives students the tools they need to succeed. This edition includes many new key figures to help students better visualize tough topics, while an increased emphasis on scientific thinking empowers students to leave the course thinking like scientists. The book and MasteringBiology® work together to create a classroom experience that enables students to succeed in biology
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students.
Engage in Biology and Make Important Connections between Concepts and Unifying Themes: Immerse students in the world of biology, so they understand the connections across concepts with the book and online in MasteringBiology.
- Focus on scientific thinking: Encourage students to think like a scientist and develop scientific reasoning and literacy skills with new Scientific Thinking Modules and more.
- Maximize learning and success: Give students the tools they need to become skilled at learning and understanding course material. MasteringBiology coaches students through tough topics and helps them to actively practice concepts they need to understand.
Table of Contents
I. THE LIFE OF THE CELL
2. The Chemical Basis of Life
3. The Molecules of Cells
4. A Tour of the Cell
5. The Working Cell
6. How Cells Harvest Chemical Energy
7. Photosynthesis: Using Light to Make Food
II. CELLULAR REPRODUCTION AND GENETICS
8. The Cellular Basis of Reproduction and Inheritance
9. Patterns of Inheritance
10. Molecular Biology of the Gene
11. How Genes Are Controlled
12. DNA Technology and Genomics
III. CONCEPTS OF EVOLUTION
13. How Populations Evolve
14. The Origin of Species
15. Tracing Evolutionary History
IV. THE EVOLUTION OF BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY
16. Microbial Life: Prokaryotes and Protists
17. The Evolution of Plant and Fungal Diversity
18. The Evolution of Invertebrate Diversity
19. The Evolution of Vertebrate Diversity
V. ANIMALS: FORM AND FUNCTION
20. Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function
21. Nutrition and Digestion
22. Gas Exchange
24. The Immune System
25. Control of Body Temperature and Water Balance
26. Hormones and the Endocrine System
27. Reproduction and Embryonic Development
28. Nervous Systems
29. The Senses
30. How Animals Move
VI. PLANTS: FORM AND FUNCTION
31. Plant Structure, Growth, and Reproduction
32. Plant Nutrition and Transport
33. Control Systems in Plants
34. The Biosphere: An Introduction to Earth's Diverse Environments
35. Behavioral Adaptations to the Environment
36. Population Ecology
37. Communities and Ecosystems
38. Conservation Biology
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$88.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-86926-5