NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Mastering™ Biology exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Mastering Biology, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Mastering Biology may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Intended for non-majors or mixed biology courses.
This package includes Mastering Biology.
A conceptual framework for understanding the world of biology
Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections continues to introduce pedagogical innovations, which motivate students not only to learn, but also engage with biology. This bestselling textbook is designed to help students stay focused with its hallmark modular organization around central concepts and engages students in connections between concepts and the world outside of the classroom with Scientific Thinking, Evolution Connection and Connection essays in every chapter. The 9th Edition offers students a framework organized around fundamental biological themes and encourages them to analyze visual representations of data with new Visualizing the Data figures. A reorganized Chapter One emphasizes the process of science and scientific reasoning, and robust instructor resources and multimedia allow students to engage with biological concepts in a memorable way. Unparalleled resources let instructors develop active and high interest lectures with ease.
The book and Mastering™ Biology work together to help students practice making these connections throughout their text.
Personalize learning with Mastering Biology.
Mastering™ Biology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced activities that feature personalized wrong-answer feedback to emulate the office-hour experience and help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, many of them created by the Campbell Biology: Concepts and Connections authors, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts. New Mastering Biology activities for this edition include “Key Topic Overview” videos that help students efficiently review key topics outside of class, “Evaluating Science in the Media” activities that help students to build science literacy skills, and more “Visualizing the Concept” animated videos help students further visualize and understand complex biological processes.
0134240685 / 9780134240688 Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections Plus Mastering Biology with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134536266 / 9780134536262 Mastering Biology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections
- 013429601X / 9780134296012 Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections
Also available as an easy-to-use, standalone Pearson eText
Pearson eText allows educators to easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their reading and what they learn in class—motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning. Portable access lets students study on the go, even offline. And, reading analytics offer insight into how students use the eText, helping educators tailor their instruction.
If you would like to purchase the standalone Pearson eText, search for:
- 0135213827 / 9780135213827 Pearson eText Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections -- Access Card
- 0135213843 / 9780135213841 Pearson eText Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections -- Instant Access
Table of Contents
1. Biology: Exploring Life
I. THE LIFE OF THE CELL
2. The Chemical Basis of Life
3. The Molecules of Cells
4. A Tour of the Cell
5. The Working Cell
6. How Cells Harvest Chemical Energy
7. Photosynthesis: Using Light to Make Food
II. CELLULAR REPRODUCTION AND GENETICS
8. The Cellular Basis of Reproduction and Inheritance
9. Patterns of Inheritance
10. Molecular Biology of the Gene
11. How Genes Are Controlled
12. DNA Technology and Genomics
III. CONCEPTS OF EVOLUTION
13. How Populations Evolve
14. The Origin of Species
15. Tracing Evolutionary History
IV. THE EVOLUTION OF BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY
16. Microbial Life: Prokaryotes and Protists
17. The Evolution of Plant and Fungal Diversity
18. The Evolution of Invertebrate Diversity
19. The Evolution of Vertebrate Diversity
V. ANIMALS: FORM AND FUNCTION
20. Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function
21. Nutrition and Digestion
22. Gas Exchange
24. The Immune System
25. Control of Body Temperature and Water Balance
26. Hormones and the Endocrine System
27. Reproduction and Embryonic Development
28. Nervous Systems
29. The Senses
30. How Animals Move
VI. PLANTS: FORM AND FUNCTION
31. Plant Structure, Growth, and Reproduction
32. Plant Nutrition and Transport
33. Control Systems in Plants
34. The Biosphere: An Introduction to Earth's Diverse Environments
35. Behavioral Adaptations to the Environment
36. Population Ecology
37. Communities and Ecosystems
38. Conservation Biology
Appendix 1 Metric Conversion Table
Appendix 2 The Periodic Table
Appendix 3 The Amino Acids of Proteins
Appendix 4 Chapter Review Answers
Appendix 5 Credits
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-453625-5
$64.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-444276-1
$64.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-461016-0
$94.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-461018-4
$94.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-472771-4
Digital + Print
$186.65 $177.32 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-453634-7 $246.65 $234.32 |
Free Ground Shipping.
$159.99 $151.99 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-444277-8 $233.32 $221.65 |