NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
In 930 text pages, Campbell Biology in Focus, Second Edition, emphasizes the essential content, concepts, and scientific skills needed for success in the college introductory course for biology majors.
Focus. Practice. Engage.
Campbell Biology in Focus is the best-selling “short” textbook for the introductory college biology course for science majors. Every unit takes an approach to streamlining the material that best fits the needs of instructors, based on surveys, curriculum initiatives, reviews, discussions with hundreds of biology professors, careful analyses of course syllabi, and the report Vision and Change in Undergraduate Biology Education. The Second Edition builds on the Campbell hallmark standards of accuracy, clarity, and pedagogical innovation, going beyond this foundation to help students make connections visually across chapters, interpret real data from research, and synthesize their knowledge.The accompanying digital resources include new, mobile-friendly tools that help instructors teach challenging topics better than ever before; integrate the eText with videos and animations; and allow students to test, learn, and retest until they achieve mastery of the content.
Personalize Learning with MasteringBiology™.
MasteringBiology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product proven to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature personalized wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience and help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts. New MasteringBiology activities for this edition include Interpret the Data Questions, whichchallenge students to analyze real data presented in a graph, figure or table, and Solve It Tutorials, which engage students in a multistep investigation of a scientific “mystery.” For instructors, new Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules provide easy-to-use assignments for before and after class plus in-class activities with clicker questions and questions in Learning Catalytics™.
0321962583 / 9780321962584 Campbell Biology in Focus Plus MasteringBiology with eText -- Access Card Package, 2/e
Package consists of:
ª 0134156382 / 9780134156385 MasteringBiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Campbell Biology in Focus
ª 0321962753 / 9780321962751 Campbell Biology in Focus, 2/e
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Evolution and the Foundations of Biology
UNIT 1: CHEMISTRY AND CELLS
2. The Chemical Context of Life
3. Carbon and the Molecular Diversity of Life
4. A Tour of the Cell
5. Membrane Transport and Cell Signaling
6. An Introduction to Metabolism
7. Cellular Respiration and Fermentation
9. The Cell Cycle
UNIT 2: GENETICS
10. Meiosis and Sexual Life Cycles
11. Mendel and the Gene Idea
12. The Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
13. The Molecular Basis of Inheritance
14. Gene Expression: From Gene to Protein
15. Regulation of Gene Expression
16. Development, Stem Cells, and Cancer
18. Genomes and Their Evolution
UNIT 3: EVOLUTION
19. Descent with Modification
21. The Evolution of Populations
22. The Origin of Species
23. Broad Patterns of Evolution
UNIT 4: THE EVOLUTIONARY HISTORY OF LIFE
24. Early Life and the Diversification of Prokaryotes
25. The Origin and Diversification of Eukaryotes
26. The Colonization of Land
27. The Rise of Animal Diversity
UNIT 5: PLANT FORM AND FUNCTION
28. Plant Structure and Growth
29. Resource Acquisition, Nutrition, and Transport in Vascular Plants
30. Reproduction and Domestication of Flowering Plants
31. Plant Responses to Internal and External Signals
UNIT 6: ANIMAL FORM AND FUNCTION
32. The Internal Environment of Animals: Organization and Regulation
33. Animal Nutrition
34. Circulation and Gas Exchange
35. The Immune System
36. Reproduction and Development
37. Neurons, Synapses, and Signaling
38. Nervous and Sensory Systems
39. Motor Mechanisms and Behavior
UNIT 7: ECOLOGY
40. Population Ecology and the Distribution of Organisms
41. Species Interactions
42. Ecosystems and Energy
43. Global Ecology and Conservation Biology
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$33.32 $31.65 | Add to Cart
$44.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-420307-2
$69.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-402271-0
$69.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-425637-5
$119.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-425640-5
$119.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-425056-4
Digital + Print
$146.65 $139.32 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-425061-8 $199.99 $189.99 |
Free Ground Shipping.
$119.99 $113.99 |