ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Helping Students Make Connections Across Biology
Campbell BIOLOGY is the unsurpassed leader in introductory biology. The text’s hallmark values–accuracy, currency, and passion for teaching and learning–have made it the most successful college introductory biology book for eight consecutive editions.
Building on the Key Concepts chapter framework of previous editions, Campbell BIOLOGY, Ninth Edition helps students keep sight of the “big picture” by encouraging them to:
- Make connections across chapters in the text, from molecules to ecosystems, with new Make Connections Questions
- Make connections between classroom learning, research breakthroughs, and the real world with new Impact Figures
- Make connections to the overarching theme of evolution in every chapter with new Evolution sections
- Make connections at a higher cognitive level through new Summary of Key Concepts Questions and Write About a Theme Questions
Package consists of
0321558235 / 9780321558237 Campbell
0321686500 / 9780321686503 MasteringBiology with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Campbell Biology
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Themes in the Study of Life
I. THE CHEMISTRY OF LIFE
2. The Chemical Context of Life
3. Water and Life
4. Carbon and the Molecular Diversity of Life
5. The Structure and Function of Large Biological Molecules
II. THE CELL
6. A Tour of the Cell
7. Membrane Structure and Function
8. An Introduction to Metabolism
9. Cellular Respiration and Fermentation
11. Cell Communication
12. The Cell Cycle
13. Meiosis and Sexual Life Cycles
14. Mendel and the Gene Idea
15. The Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
16. The Molecular Basis of Inheritance
17. From Gene to Protein
18. Regulation of Gene Expression
21. Genomes and Their Evolution
IV. MECHANISMS OF EVOLUTION
22. Descent with Modification: A Darwinian View of Life
23. The Evolution of Populations
24. The Origin of Species
25. The History of Life on Earth
V. THE EVOLUTIONARY HISTORY OF BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY
26. Phylogeny and the Tree of Life
27. Bacteria and Archaea
29. Plant Diversity I: How Plants Colonized Land
30. Plant Diversity II: The Evolution of Seed Plants
32. An Overview of Animal Diversity
33. An Introduction to Invertebrates
34. The Origin and Evolution of Vertebrates
VI. PLANT FORM AND FUNCTION
35. Plant Structure, Growth, and Development
36. Resource Acquisition and Transport in Vascular Plants
37. Soil and Plant Nutrition
38. Angiosperm Reproduction and Biotechnology
39. Plant Responses to Internal and External Signals
VII. ANIMAL FORM AND FUNCTION
40. Basic Principles of Animal Form and Function
41. Animal Nutrition
42. Circulation and Gas Exchange
43. The Immune System
44. Osmoregulation and Excretion
45. Hormones and the Endocrine System
46. Animal Reproduction
47. Animal Development
48. Neurons, Synapses, and Signaling
49. Nervous Systems
50. Sensory and Motor Mechanisms
51. Animal Behavior
52. An Introduction to Ecology and the Biosphere
53. Population Ecology
54. Community Ecology
55. Ecosystems and Restoration Ecology
56. Conservation Biology and Global Change
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$21.40 | Add to Cart
$22.80 | Add to Cart
$25.20 | Add to Cart
$31.00 | Add to Cart
$31.00 | Add to Cart
$51.40 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$66.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67787-7
$110.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-68654-1
$118.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-76601-4
$147.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-68329-8
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$98.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-69707-3
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$163.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83155-2
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$157.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83154-5