Campbell Essential Biology, Fifth Edition, makes biology irresistibly interesting for non-majors biology students. This best-selling book, known for its scientific accuracy and currency, makes biology relevant and approachable with increased use of analogies, real world examples, more conversational language, and intriguing questions.
Campbell Essential Biology… make biology irresistibly interesting.
NOTE: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card package order the ISBN below;
0321763335 / 9780321763334 Campbell Essential Biology Plus MasteringBiology with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321772598 / 9780321772596 Campbell Essential Biology
0321791711 / 9780321791719 MasteringBiology with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card -- for Campbell Essential Biology (with Physiology chapters)
Table of Contents
2. Essential Chemistry for Biology
3. The Molecules of Life
4. A Tour of the Cell
5. The Working Cell
6. Cellular Respiration: Obtaining Energy from Food
7. Photosynthesis: Using Light to Make Food
8. Cellular Reproduction: Cells from Cells
9. Patterns of Inheritance
10. The Structure and Function of DNA
11. How Genes Are Controlled
12. DNA Technology
III. EVOLUTION AND DIVERSITY
13. How Populations Evolve
14. How Biological Diversity Evolves
15. The Evolution of Microbial Life
16. Plants, Fungi, and the Move onto Land
17. The Evolution of Animals
18. An Introduction to Ecology and the Biosphere
19. Population Ecology
20. Communities and Ecosystems
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$120.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-78823-8