Career Flow presents creative, innovative, and useful strategies for addressing career challenges in the 21st century. Learning these competencies will serve students throughout their lifetime.
The metaphor of "career flow" is used to teach students about the career development experience. Providing a framework of essential career flow competencies helps students learn the key skills for taking control of their current and future career development. Each chapter offers objectives, a case example, tips, activities, questions for reflection, and additional resources so that students can master the various aspects of their career flow. Essential competencies of: hope, self-reflection, self-clarity, visioning, goal setting and planning, implementing and adapting are described in detail. Activities are provided to help students development these competencies for successful career self-management. The career flow metaphor lends itself to a comprehensive and realistic of the career experience. Each experience is rated whitewater (high demand times), stillwater (low demand times), and optimal(an engaging and stimulating challenge level) career flow moments. Each moment requires specific skills to manage their respective challenges effectively.
Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section I: Introduction
1. Introducing Career Flow
2. Essential Career Flow Competencies
Section II: Self-Reflecting and Self-Clarity
3. Pursuing Your Interests (Passions)
4. Mapping Your Skills: Those You Have and Those You Need
5. Personality Style
6. Understanding Values through Workplace Attraction
7. Connecting With Others: Social, Emotional, and Financial Support
Section III: Visioning, Goal Setting, and Planning
8. Optimal Career Flow and Setting Goals
9. Connecting to the World of Work: Research, Job Leads, and Trend-Spotting
Section IV: Implementing
10. Turning Possibilities into Realities
11. Engaging the Search: Generating Leads, Networking, Interviewing, and Making a Successful Transition
Section V: Adapting
12. Career Flow Interrupted: Realizing Your Dreams in Challenging Times
13. Whitewater and Stillwater Career Flow Experiences
14. Expanding the Career Flow Metaphor
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$21.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501612-1