The Career Tool Kit is designed to especially help community college and vocational school students of all ages develop the skills and attitudes needed to successfully complete their educational program: search for, find, and win the job they want; transition smoothly from school to work or successfully re-enter the workforce; and build a long, happy, and successful working life, all in a user-friendly and visually appealing design. Coverage of important topics includes developing and maintaining a positive self image, managing time, budgeting and organizing finances, avoiding or reducing credit debt, and tracking down the resources available at school, in the community, and online. A focus on self-awareness teaches readers how to get to know themselves better so that they understand what kinds of jobs might best suit their unique talents and qualities, how to network and locate job opportunities, and how to present themselves in the best possible light on a resume as well as in an interview, and how to handle both failure and success. Additional topics discuss workplace communication with managers, co-workers, clients, and customers; qualities and skills that employers look for in their employees; rights on the job; critical thinking at work; improving and maintaining mental health and social intelligence; motivation, and more.
Students and Faculty are encouraged to visit the website for all Keys franchise materials, www.carterkeys.com, to correspond with the author team, view their speaking calendar, benefit from current articles, and more!
Table of Contents
PART I. Taking Inventory
1. Find the Right Mind Set: Choose Your Equipment
2. Unlock Your Personal Power: Keys to the Toolkit
3. Manage Your Time and Money: Making the Most of Key Resources
4. Your Basic Skills: Sharpen Your Tools
PART II. Getting Started
5. Explore the Job Market: Finding a Fit
6. Get the Hang of Networking: Tools that Create Opportunities
7. Build Your Personal Brand: Put Your Tools to Good Use
8. Select Your Tools for the Interview: Winning Strategies to Seal the Deal
PART III. Moving Forward
9. Diversity in the Workplace: Today’s World
10. Get the Job Done With Communication: Stay Ahead of the Curve
11. Stand Out on the Job: Pack Up Your Toolbox
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Career Tool Kit, The: Skills for Success, CourseSmart eTextbook, 4th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-218093-1