ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
The Career Tool Kit is designed to especially help community college and vocational school students of all ages develop the skills and attitudes needed to successfully complete their educational program: search for, find, and win the job they want; transition smoothly from school to work or successfully re-enter the workforce; and build a long, happy, and successful working life, all in a user-friendly and visually appealing design.
Coverage of important topics includes developing and maintaining a positive self image, managing time, budgeting and organizing finances, avoiding or reducing credit debt, and tracking down the resources available at school, in the community, and online. A focus on self-awareness teaches readers how to get to know themselves better so that they understand what kinds of jobs might best suit their unique talents and qualities, how to network and locate job opportunities, and how to present themselves in the best possible light on a resume as well as in an interview, and how to handle both failure and success. Additional topics discuss workplace communication with managers, co-workers, clients, and customers; qualities and skills that employers look for in their employees; rights on the job; critical thinking at work; improving and maintaining mental health and social intelligence; motivation, and more.
Table of Contents
PART I. Taking Inventory
1. Find the Right Mind Set: Choose Your Equipment
2. Unlock Your Personal Power: Keys to the Toolkit
3. Manage Your Time and Money: Making the Most of Key Resources
4. Your Basic Skills: Sharpen Your Tools
PART II. Getting Started
5. Explore the Job Market: Finding a Fit
6. Get the Hang of Networking: Tools that Create Opportunities
7. Build Your Personal Brand: Put Your Tools to Good Use
8. Select Your Tools for the Interview: Winning Strategies to Seal the Deal
PART III. Moving Forward
9. Diversity in the Workplace: Today’s World
10. Get the Job Done With Communication: Stay Ahead of the Curve
11. Stand Out on the Job: Pack Up Your Toolbox
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$35.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-89832-6
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$87.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-218053-5