Case Studies in Dental Hygiene, Third Edition, is designed to guide the development of criti-cal-thinking skills and the application of theory to care at all levels of dental hygiene education–from beginning to advanced students. This textbook is designed to be used throughout the dental hygiene curriculum. Because the questions and decisions regarding treatment of each case span the dental hygiene sciences and clinical practice protocols, this book will find a place in enhanc-ing every course required of dental hygiene students. Introducing this text at the beginning of the educational experience may help the student realize early on the link between theory and patient care. Students then progress through the program with a heightened awareness of evidence-based practice.
Students also perceive an increase in confidence regarding preparation for board examina-tions when they have been given the opportunity to practice case-based decision making. Case Studies in Dental Hygiene, Third Edition, is a viable study guide to help students prepare for suc-cess on national, regional, and state examinations with a patient care focus. This revised edition also is an excellent review text for the graduating dental hygiene student who is preparing to take the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination.
Table of Contents
PART I INTRODUCTION AND TUTORIAL
Chapter 1 Introduction How to Use this Book
Chapter 2 Getting Started Sample Case Tutorial Margaret Snowden
PART II PEDIATRIC PATIENTS
Chapter 3 Case A Maya Patel
Chapter 4 Case B Zack Ware
Chapter 5 Case C Andrew Christianson
PART III ADULT-PERIODONTAL PATIENTS
Chapter 6 Case D Katherine Flynn
Chapter 7 Case E Louis Riddick
Chapter 8 Case F Banu Radpur-Ansari
PART IV GERIATRIC PATIENTS
Chapter 9 Case G Juan Hernandez
Chapter 10 Case H Virginia Carson
Chapter 11 Case I Eleanor Gray
PART V SPECIAL NEEDS PATIENTS
Chapter 12 Case J Thoroughgood Epps
Chapter 13 Case K Johnnie Johnson
Chapter 14 Case L Thomas Small
PART VI MEDICALLY COMPROMISED PATIENTS
Chapter 15 Case M Nancy Foster
Chapter 16 Case N Brian Bartlett
Chapter 17 Case O Eileen Olds
Chapter 18 Case Answer Discussion and Rationales
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$32.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-311003-6