Table of Contents
2. Molecular Motion: The Particulate Nature of Matter.
3. What Is a Chemical Reaction?
4. The Calorie: A Unit of Energy.
5. Reliability of Data: The Composition of a Compound.
6. Getting Acquainted with Metals.
7. The Halogen Family: Some Colorful Non-Metals.
8. Analysis of Commercial Bleaches: A Comparison of Two Competing Products.
9. How Fast are Chemical Reactions?
10. Chemical Reactions Can Go Forward and Backward.
11. Weights of Reactants and Products: Preparation of a Metal.
12. The pH Scale and the Use of Indicators.
13. The Control of Acidity: Buffer Solutions.
14. The Concentration of an Unknown Acid: A Cooperative Approach.
15. Acid and Alkali Content of Some Consumer Products.
16. Some Physiologically Important Ions: Identification of an Unknown Salt.
17. Electricity in Chemistry: Electrolytes and Electrochemistry.
18. Molecular Architecture: Some Comparisons between Covalent and Ionic Compounds
19. The Hydrocarbons.
20. Alcohols and Phenols
21. Aldehydes and Ketones.
22. Carboxylic Acids and Esters.
23. Amines and Amides.
24. Vitamin C in Natural and Synthetic Fruit Juices.
25. Preparation and Examination of Drug: Aspirin.
27. Natural and Synthetic Polymers: The Preparation of Nylon.
28. Triglycerides and Other Lipids.
29. Saponification: Soap and Detergents.
30. Proteins and Amino Acids.
31. Enzymes and Chemical Reactions.
32. Analysis of an Important Food: The Peanut.
33. Milk and Its Principal Components
34. Optical Activity: A Study of Chiral Molecules.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Chemistry and Life in the Laboratory: Experiments, CourseSmart eTextbook, 6th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$39.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-82300-7