The book that defined the liberal arts chemistry course, Chemistry for Changing Times remains the most visually appealing and readable introduction on the subject. The Thirteenth Edition increases its focus on student engagement – with revised “Have You Ever Wondered?” questions, new Learning Objectives in each chapter linked to end of chapter problems, and new Green Chemistry content, closely integrated with the text. Abundant applications and examples fill each chapter, and material is updated throughout to mirror the latest scientific developments in a fast-changing world. Compelling chapter opening photos, a focus on Green Chemistry, and the “It DOES Matter” features highlight current events and enable students to relate to the book more readily.
This package contains:
- Chemistry for Changing Times, Thirteenth Edition
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Atoms
Chapter 3: Atomic Structure
Chapter 4: Chemical Bonds
Chapter 5: Chemical Accounting
Chapter 6: Gases, Liquids, Solids, and Intermolecular Forces
Chapter 7: Acids and Bases
Chapter 8: Oxidation and Reduction
Chapter 9: Organic Chemistry
Chapter 10: Polymers
Chapter 11: Nuclear Chemistry
Chapter 12: Chemistry of the Earth
Chapter 13: Air
Chapter 14: Water
Chapter 15: Energy
Chapter 16: Biochemistry
Chapter 17: Food
Chapter 18: Drugs
Chapter 19: Fitness and Health
Chapter 20: Chemistry Down on the Farm and in the Garden and on the Lawn
Chapter 21: Household Chemicals
Chapter 22: Poisons
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Chemistry For Changing Times, 14th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-76771-4
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83922-0
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-76794-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users