Trusted, innovative, and calibrated, Chemistry: The Central Science has helped millions of students understand and succeed in general chemistry. Its unrivaled problems, scientific accuracy, and clarity are maintained in this new edition, which is the book’s biggest revision to date. In the Twelfth Edition, every word and piece of art has been studied for effectiveness. Based on feedback from students like you, this revision reflects the unparalleled expertise of its author team; each chapter has been updated and streamlined to remove any content not proven to increase student comprehension. Joined in this edition by new co-author Patrick Woodward, the book’s solid authorship gains a fresh, new perspective yet maintains its unified, consistent voice.
Note: This is a standalone book, if you want the book/access code order the ISBN below:
0321741056 / 9780321741059 Chemistry: The Central Science with MasteringChemistry
Package consists of
0321696727 / 9780321696724 Chemistry: The Central
0321705106 / 9780321705105 MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText Student Access Code Card for Chemistry: The Central Science
Table of Contents
2 Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
3 Stoichiometry: Calculations with Chemical Formulas and Equations
4 Reactions in Aqueous Solution
6 Electronic Structure of Atoms
7 Periodic Properties of the Elements
8 Basic Concepts of Chemical Bonding
9 Molecular Geometry and Bonding Theories
11 Liquids and Intermolecular Forces
12 Solids and Modern Materials
13 Properties of Solutions
14 Chemical Kinetics
15 Chemical Equilibrium
16 Acid–Base Equilibria
17 Additional Aspects of Aqueous Equilibria
18 Chemistry of the Environment
19 Chemical Thermodynamics
21 Nuclear Chemistry
22 Chemistry of the Nonmetals
23 Transition Metals and Coordination Chemistry
24 The Chemistry of Life: Organic and Biological Chemistry
A Mathematical Operations
B Properties of Water
C Thermodynamic Quantities for Selected Substances at 298.15 K (25 °C)
D Aqueous Equilibrium Constants
E Standard Reduction Potentials at 25 °C
Answers to Selected Exercises
Answers to “Give It Some Thought”
Answers to “Go Figure”
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$95.40 | Add to Cart
$99.80 | Add to Cart
$99.80 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Chemistry: The Central Science, 13th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-70508-2
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83472-0
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-70504-4
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-72972-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users