Most balanced presentation of research and applications
Feldman’s Child Development, 6e offers students a balanced and up-to-date study of theory and research with a focus on application to students’ personal lives and future careers.
Child Development 6e introduces students to the theories, research, and applications of child and adolescent development. Organized chronologically, the book features a variety of student-focused tools that make the study of development interesting and engaging. It highlights the interrelationships between theory, research, and application, accentuating the scope and diversity of the field. It also illustrates how child developmentalists use theory, research, and applications to help solve significant social problems. An emphasis on practical, take-home information provides students with lessons they can use both now and in the future.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning — The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Apply Developmental Science and Engage Students - A strong balance of research and applications maintains student interest throughout every section in the text.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Reflective questions included within MyVirtualChild encouraging students to think critically and apply chapter content to real life situations as they raise their own virtual child.
- Explore Research — “From Research to Practice” and “Are You an Informed Consumer of Development?” show students how they can apply the concepts they’re learning in the text to real life situations.
- Understand Culture and Diversity — “Developmental Diversity” sections highlight issues relevant in today’s multicultural society.
- Support Instructors - Class Prep, MyVirtualChild, Video embedded PowerPoints, MyTest, clicker questions, and an instructor’s manual provide extensive support for instructors.
Note: MyDevelopmentLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyDevelopmentLab, please visit: www.mydevelopmentlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyDevelopmentLab (at no additional cost). VP: 9780205258840
Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Chapter 1: An Introduction to Child Development
Chapter 2: Theoretical Perspectives and Research
Chapter 3: The Start of Life: Genetics and Prenatal Development
Chapter 4: Birth and the Newborn Infant
Chapter 5: Physical Development in Infancy
Chapter 6: Cognitive Development in Infancy
Chapter 7: Social and Personality Development in Infancy
Chapter 8: Physical Development in the Preschool Years
Chapter 9: Cognitive Development in the Preschool Years
Chapter 10: Social and Personality Development in the Preschool Years
Chapter 11: Physical Development in Middle Childhood
Chapter 12: Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood
Chapter 13: Social and Personality Development in Middle Childhood
Chapter 14: Physical Development in Adolescence
Chapter 15: Cognitive Development in Adolescence
Chapter 16: Social and Personality Development in Adolescence
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780205875108
Includes this title packaged with:
- MyVirtualChild -- Standalone Access Card, 2nd Edition
$200.27 | Add to Cart
$193.60 | Free Ground Shipping.
MyLab and Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab and Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$42.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-86629-8
$96.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-86630-4
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$76.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-85266-6
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$126.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-25479-8