Research Made Relevant
Children and Their Development, 6e demonstrates how research translates into practice.
Written by a well-known and respected researcher in the field of child development, this topically organized text uses unique and effective pedagogy as its main framework. The book focuses on practice through its accessible writing, modular format, and application-based features, such as: Focus on Research, Cultural Influences, Spotlight on Theories, Improving Children’s Lives, and Child and Development and Family Policy. Topic coverage includes the prenatal period through adolescence, which best suits Child Development courses in Psychology, Education, Human Development, Child and Family Studies, and Early Childhood Education.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning – The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking - Interactive resources like MyDevelopmentLab with MyVirtualChild encourage students to apply chapter content to real life situations.
- Engage Students - A strong balance of research and applications maintains student interest.
- Explore Research – A multitude of features draw on research methods that contribute to the scientific process.
- Understand Culture and Diversity – Cultural Influences feature illustrates the diversity of developmental journeys.
- Support Instructors - MyDevelopmentLab’s Class Prep, MyVirtualChild, video embedded PowerPoints, MyTest, clicker questions, and an instructor’s manual provide instructors with extensive materials to supplement the text.
Note: MyDevelopmentLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyDevelopmentLab, please visit: www.mydevelopmentlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyDevelopmentLab (at no additional cost). VP: 0205185614 / 9780205185610
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Chapter 1: The Science of Child Development.
Chapter 2: Genetic Bases of Child Development.
Chapter 3: Prenatal Development, Birth and the Newborn.
Chapter 4: Growth and Health.
Chapter 5: Perceptual and Motor Development.
Chapter 6: Theories of Cognitive Development.
Chapter 7: Cognitive Processes and Academic Skills.
Chapter 8: Intelligence and Individual Differences in Cognition
Chapter 9: Language and Communication.
Chapter 10: Emotional Development.
Chapter 11: Understanding Self and Others.
Chapter 12: Moral Understanding and Behavior.
Chapter 13: Gender and Development.
Chapter 14: Family Relationships.
Chapter 15: Influences beyond the Family.
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Children and Their Development, 7th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$75.75 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-03595-3
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-22558-3
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$89.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-03529-8