This title is only available as a loose-leaf version with Pearson eText.
Children’s Books in Children’s Hands, 5/e is designed to give pre- and in-service teachers a wealth of richly illustrated, practical ideas for sharing literature with children. In it, renowned authors Charles Temple, Miriam Martinez, and Junko Yokota introduce readers to dozens of new books and the riches they contain; to their qualities; and to the many writers, illustrators, editors, and critics involved with those books. Coverage of the many genres of children’s books includes picture books; literature of diverse perspectives; international literature; poetry; traditional literature; modern fantasy and science fiction, contemporary realistic fiction; historical fiction; informational books; and more. A wide variety of practical applications, ideas to help teachers meet the Common Core State Standards, unique pedagogical features, and outstanding teacher resources add to the book’s popularity with educators.
0133829588 / 9780133829587 Children's Books in Children's Hands: A Brief Introduction to Their Literature, Loose-Leaf Version with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133098516 / 9780133098518 Children's Books in Children's Hands: A Brief Introduction to Their Literature, Loose-Leaf Version
0133824284 / 9780133824285 Children's Books in Children's Hands: A Brief Introduction to Their Literature, Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Part I. Understanding Literature and the Child Reader
1. Children’s Books in Children’s Hands
2. Literary Elements in Works for Children
3. Picture Books
4. Literature Representing Diverse Perspectives
5. International Literature
Part II. Exploring the Genres of Children’s Literature
6. Poetry for Children
7. Traditional Literature
8. Modern Fantasy and Science Fiction
9. Contemporary Realistic Fiction
10. Historical Fiction
11. Informational Books and Biography
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$33.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-334773-9