ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For courses in Student Success or First Year Experience.
The activities and strategies in this book focus on three core principles—critical thinking, priority management, and personal well-being. These form the foundation for academic, career, and life success.
Choices for College Success emphasizes the power of personal choice and responsibility to help students maximize their talents and minimize their anxiety by building successful habits. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Power of Personal Choice and Responsibility
Choices for College Success demonstrates how organized action and critical thinking will help students achieve academic success, create a healthy and balanced life, and realize their dreams. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Critical Thinking: The RED Model for critical thinking presents an eloquently simple and practical model to carefully analyze and address school and life challenges.
· Priority Management:Provides personal assessments and activities for students to reflect and apply the strategies introduced around the “choices they make”—and take responsibility for their journey using key principles underlying student success.
· Personal Well-being: A multi-dimensional model for personal well-being and balance helps students navigate the transitions and adjustments to college life and is critical to their overall sense of balance in life.
0321952502 / 9780321952509 Choices for College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321908694 / 9780321908698 Choices for College Success
0321943252 / 9780321943255 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Valuepack Access Card
Table of Contents
Introduction: YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN!
TOPIC 1: TRANSITIONS, BALANCE, AND ORGANIZATION
TOPIC 2: CRITICAL THINKING
TOPIC 3: PRIORITY MANAGEMENT
TOPIC 4: INFORMATION LITERACY
TOPIC 5: MOTIVATION AND GOAL ACHIEVING
TOPIC 6: LEARNING STYLES
TOPIC 7: CLASS TIME LISTENING AND NOTE-TAKING
TOPIC 8: MEMORY AND STUDYING
TOPIC 9: READING
TOPIC 10: TEST PREPARATION AND TEST TAKING
TOPIC 11: CIVILITY
TOPIC 12: TREATING YOURSELF WITH RESPECT
TOPIC 13: FINANCIAL LITERACY
TOPIC 14: EXPLORATION OF MAJORS AND CAREERS
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Choices for College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab Update -- Access Card Package, 3rd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users