Choosing Health uses student stories, social-networking tools, and a wealth of online resources to speak to today's students better than any other personal health textbook. With its magazine-style design and inclusion of real student stories (both online and in the printed text), this text is the one that you can most relate to–and the one that will most inspire you to choose a healthy lifestyle.
Health-related stories from real college students are woven throughout the book, accompanied by videos of real students on the book's companion website. A "Health Online" feature points you to online podcasts, videos, and resources related to health topics and encourages them to become a part of Choosing Health's lively online health community via Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. The text also provides unique, practical tools to help you see the relevance of health education and make informed decisions about their lifestyle choices. An ultra-modern, magazine-style design encourages you to read, and the writing style is conversational and student-friendly without watering down content or academic rigor.
Table of Contents
1. Health in the 21st Century
2. Psychological Health
3. Stress Management
4. Nutrition and You
5. Physical Activity for Fitness and Health
6. Weight Management
7. Drug Use and Abuse
8. Alcohol and Tobacco Use and Abuse
9. Relationships and Communication
10. Sexuality, Contraception, and Reproductive Choices
11. Preventing Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
12. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, and Cancer
13. Consumer Health
14. Personal Safety and Injury Prevention
15. Your Environment, Your Health
16. Aging Well
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Choosing Health
Additional Course Materials
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$41.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-72081-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users