Choosing Health uses student stories, social-networking tools, and a wealth of online resources to speak to today's students better than any other personal health textbook. With its magazine-style design and inclusion of real student stories (both online and in the printed text), this text is the one that you can most relate to–and the one that will most inspire you to choose a healthy lifestyle.
Health-related stories from real college students are woven throughout the book, accompanied by videos of real students on the book's companion website. A "Health Online" feature points you to online podcasts, videos, and resources related to health topics and encourages them to become a part of Choosing Health's lively online health community via Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. The text also provides unique, practical tools to help you see the relevance of health education and make informed decisions about their lifestyle choices. An ultra-modern, magazine-style design encourages you to read, and the writing style is conversational and student-friendly without watering down content or academic rigor.
Table of Contents
1. Health in the 21st Century
2. Psychological Health
3. Stress Management
4. Nutrition and You
5. Physical Activity for Fitness and Health
6. Weight Management
7. Drug Use and Abuse
8. Alcohol and Tobacco Use and Abuse
9. Relationships and Communication
10. Sexuality, Contraception, and Reproductive Choices
11. Preventing Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
12. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, and Cancer
13. Consumer Health
14. Personal Safety and Injury Prevention
15. Your Environment, Your Health
16. Aging Well
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Choosing Health
Additional Course Materials
$41.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-72081-8