NOTE: This edition features the exact same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value for your students–this format costs 35% less than a new textbook. Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Now included with Choosing Health, MasteringHealth™ is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping you quickly master concepts. Your can benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep you on track and prepared for lecture.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you. It will help:
- Personalize learning with MasteringHealth: MasteringHealth coaches you through the toughest health topics. Engaging tools help you visualize, practice, and understand crucial content, from the basics of health to the fundamentals of behavior change.
- Become engaged with relatable student stories: Real student stories illustrate why you should care about your health.
- Bring content alive with integrated media: Health Online links throughout the text, student videos, and mobile technologies encourage you to take a more active role in improving their health.
- Encourage behavior change: Unique, practical tools like the new Choosing to Change Worksheets help you make informed decisions about your lifestyle choices.
- Make reading and learning about health accessible and visually appealing: A magazine-style design with more photos and visual appeal encourages you to read, while the conversational writing style is student-friendly without sacrificing academic rigor.
- Updated content such as the additional electronic chapters on sleep and environmental health provide important relevant information on topics.