NOTE: This edition features the exact same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value for your students–this format costs 35% less than a new textbook. Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Now included with Choosing Health, MasteringHealth™ is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping you quickly master concepts. Your can benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep you on track and prepared for lecture.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you. It will help:
- Personalize learning with MasteringHealth: MasteringHealth coaches you through the toughest health topics. Engaging tools help you visualize, practice, and understand crucial content, from the basics of health to the fundamentals of behavior change.
- Become engaged with relatable student stories: Real student stories illustrate why you should care about your health.
- Bring content alive with integrated media: Health Online links throughout the text, student videos, and mobile technologies encourage you to take a more active role in improving their health.
- Encourage behavior change: Unique, practical tools like the new Choosing to Change Worksheets help you make informed decisions about your lifestyle choices.
- Make reading and learning about health accessible and visually appealing: A magazine-style design with more photos and visual appeal encourages you to read, while the conversational writing style is student-friendly without sacrificing academic rigor.
- Updated content such as the additional electronic chapters on sleep and environmental health provide important relevant information on topics.
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.