The Brief Text that Speaks the Language of Students Today
Choosing Health uses real-life applications, behavior change tools, and mobile technologies to speak to today's students better than any other brief personal health textbook. With its magazine-style design and inclusion of real student stories (both online and in the printed material), this text is the one that students can most relate to–and the one that will most inspire them to choose a healthy lifestyle.
Now included with Choosing Health, MasteringHealth™ is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep students on track and prepared for lecture.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help:
- Personalize learning with MasteringHealth: MasteringHealth coaches students through the toughest health topics. Engaging tools help students visualize, practice, and understand crucial content, from the basics of health to the fundamentals of behavior change.
- Engage students with relatable student stories: Real student stories speak to today’s students, showing them why they should care about their health.
- Bring content alive with integrated media: Health Online links throughout the text, student videos, and mobile technologies. This media helps students take an active role in improving their health.
- Encourage behavior change: Unique, practical tools like the new Choosing to Change Worksheets help students make informed decisions about their lifestyle choices.
- Make reading and learning about health accessible and visually appealing: A magazine-style design with more photos and visual appeal encourages students to read, while the conversational writing style is student-friendly without sacrificing academic rigor.
- Keep your course current and relevant with updated content: Additional electronic chapters on sleep and environmental health provide information on timely, important topics.
Table of Contents
2. Psychological Health
3. Stress Management
4. Nutrition and You
5. Physical Activity for Fitness and Health
6. Body Image, Body Weight
7. Drug Use and Abuse
8. Alcohol and Tobacco Use and Abuse
9. Social Relationships and Communication
10. Sexuality, Contraception, and Reproductive Choices
11. Preventing Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
12. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, and Cancer
13. Consumer Health
14. Personal Safety and Injury Prevention
15. Aging Well
16. Sleep, Your Body, and Your Mind [Electronic Only]
17. Your Environment, Your Health [Electronic Only]
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Choosing Health, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96264-5