What it takes to be a truly great CIO... from the IT leaders who know best
What does it take to get to the top in IT today, stay there, and thrive? How do you realign IT to maximize business value, and become a full strategic partner in the organization's most crucial decisions? CIO Wisdom brings together answers from 20 of the world's most successful senior IT executives. Based on their extraordinary private discussions over the past five years, it covers every facet of IT leadership: planning, budgeting, sourcing, architecture, strategy, and much more. If you're an IT leader-or you intend to become one-it's the most important book you'll read this year.
- What really works right now
- Taking charge: Creating a 90-day tactical plan-and an intelligent long-term strategy
- Refocusing IT on your company's core business drivers
- Leading IT in today's rapidly evolving "extended enterprise"
- Deciding what to outsource-and managing your outsourcing relationships
- Implementing the ten metrics most critical to IT success
- Setting priorities when infrastructure costs are rising and resources are declining
- Evolving the leadership style that works best for you-and your organization
- Coping with the incredible personal pressures of IT leadership
- Addressing the unique challenges that face women in IT's upper echelons
The authors' profits from this book will support a scholarship program for underprivileged students planning IT careers
Table of Contents
Foreword by Regis McKenna.
Foreword by Maynard Webb.
Foreword by Dean Lane.
1. Within and Beyond: Understanding the Role of the CIO, by Stuart Robbins and Al Pappas.
2. Women CIOs, by Judy Armstrong.
3. The First 90 Days, by Mark Egan.
4. The Tao Perspective, by George Lin.
5. Communications: Communication Excellence in IT Management, by Brenda J Fox.
6. IT Organization, by Guy de Meester.
7. Governance, by Danny Maco.
8. Architecture, by John Dick, Holly Simmons, Maureen Vavra, and Steve Zoppi.
9. Strategic Outsourcing, by Bharat C Poria.
10. IT Workforce, by Dean Lane.
11. Strategic Planning, by Maureen Vavra and Dean Lane.
12. IT Infrastructure Management and Execution, by Joe Feliu.
13. Budgeting, by Bob Denis, Maureen Vavra, John Dick.
14. Marketing the Value of Information Technology, by Judy Armstrong and Steven Zoppi.
15. The Metrics of IT: Management by Measurement, by Shel Waggener and Steve Zoppi.
16. Ladder of Business Intelligence: A Systematic Approach to Success for Information Technology, by James E Cates.
17. Communities of Practice: Continuing the Learning, by John Moran and Lee Weimer, Community of Practice Facilitators.
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
$43.99Add to Cart