Civil Litigation: Process and Procedures, Third Edition, is designed to help students build the skill sets needed to succeed as members of today’s civil litigation teams. An Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint lecture slides, and test bank are available for use with this text.
Teaching and Learning Experience:
- The text clearly presents legal concepts, emphasizing the details of the litigation process, critical thinking, and hands-on exercises that develop practical law office skills.
- Supporting multimedia resources include 46 video case studies that illustrate each stage of the litigation process, showing the day-to-day activities of the litigation team preparing and trying a civil case in a real world setting.
Table of Contents
UNIT ONE: INTRODUCTION TO CIVIL LITIGATION
1. The Paralegal in Civil Litigation
1A. Building Your Professional Portfolio
2. Ethics and Professional Responsibility
3. Litigation Management and Technology
UNIT TWO: PLANNING THE LITIGATION
4. The Court System
5. Settlement and Alternative Dispute Resolution
7. Interviews and Investigation in Civil Litigation
UNIT THREE: DOCUMENTS IN CIVIL LITIGATION
8. Pleadings: Complaint, Summons, and Service
9. Motions Practice
10. Pleadings: Responses to Complaint
UNIT FOUR: FORMAL DISCOVERY METHODS
11. Introduction to Discovery
12. Issues in Electronic Discovery
13. Interrogatories and Requests for Production
15. Other Forms of Discovery
UNIT FIVE: TRIAL OF THE CASE
16. Trial Preparation—Post-discovery to Pretrial
18. The Electronic Courtroom and Trial Presentation
UNIT SIX: POSTTRIAL ISSUES
19. Post-trial Procedures
20. Enforcement of Judgments
These online resources are available at no cost.
Student Resources Website for Civil Litigation: Process and Procedures, 3rd Edition
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$74.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-349401-3