CJ 2013 provides a brief and affordable look at the criminal justice system without sacrificing academic rigor. Taking a contemporary approach, it supports true understanding by focusing on the core concepts that matter most. Each chapter features a unified presentation that links learning objectives, text segments, media explorations and end-of-chapter summaries together. MyCJLab offers a cutting-edge media tool that includes videos, simulations, activities, assessments, and course management solutions. Moving beyond rote memorization, the book encourages active participation with conversation-starting pedagogy that involves students with the research findings and current events shaping the field.
For the following titles only, we will be offering Point/Counterpoint Videos within MyCJLab for fall 2013 courses:
Schmalleger, Criminal Justice Brief 10e
Fagin, CJ2013Schmalleger, Criminology Brief 2e
What are Point/Counterpoint Videos?
Videos of individuals presenting two opposing sides of controversial CJ topics. Both sides will be presented in 3-6 minutes of video. With each argument a speaker presents, justification and/or research that backs up that argument will be presented (and we’ll include citations or references). Students will hear a good explanation of WHY the speaker takes a certain stance. Included in MyCJLab will be 3-4 review questions (multiple choice) and 1 short answer questions related to the topic.
ISBN 013296127X is the Stand Alone Text.
If you would like the Text + MyCJLab with Pearson eText, please order:
013314075X / 9780133140750 CJ 2013 (Justice Series) Plus NEW MyCJLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Contents:
- 013296127X / 9780132961271 CJ 2013
- 0132974010 / 9780132974011 MyCJLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for CJ 2013
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Criminal Justice
Chapter 2 Crime: The Search for Understanding
Chapter 3 Measuring Crime and Victimization
Chapter 4 Criminal Law: Crimes and the Limits of Law
Chapter 5 An Overview of Law Enforcement: History, Agencies, Personnel, and Strategies
Chapter 6 Oversight and Professionalism of Law Enforcement
Chapter 7 The Court System
Chapter 8 Courtroom Participants and the Trial
Chapter 9 Sentencing
Chapter 10 Jails and Prisons
Chapter 11 Probation and Parole
Chapter 12 Corrections in the Community
Chapter 13 Juvenile Justice
Chapter 14 Homeland Security
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users