Table of Contents
I. THE ROLE OF ASSESSMENT IN SUPPORTING TEACHING AND LEARNING.
1. Introduction to Assessment
2. What is Worth Teaching and Assessing?
3. Effects of Classroom-Based Assessments on Students
II. PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT
4. Assessment of Learning in Progress
5. Assessment of Valued Performances
III. CLASSROOM TESTING
6. Introduction to Classroom Testing
7. Traditional Item Development
8. Performance Item Development
IV. SUMMARIZING STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
9. Portfolio Assessment
10. Grades and Grading Processes
11. Communicating with Others about Student Learning
12. Using Information from Standardized Tests
Appendix A: Washington State Certificate of Academic Achievement Options Technical Advisory Board Members
Appendix B: Washington State National Technical Advisory Committee Members
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Classroom Assessment: Supporting Teaching and Learning in Real Classrooms, 2nd Edition