Written with energy and wit, this reader-friendly text discusses practical ways in which teachers can develop and use well-written tests to improve their effectiveness in the classroom.
With its constant attention to the instructional implications of educational assessment, Classroom Assessment: What Teachers Need to Know, 7/e, helps readers become assessment literate -- to understand the fundamental concepts and processes of educational testing that will influence teachers’ hour-to-hour instructional decisions. The text recognizes and highlights the exponential increase in the importance of educational assessment in an era of common core state standards, national assessment consortia, and teacher-evaluations based on students’ test scores. However, because the seventh edition was completed at a time when the nature of high-stakes educational testing in the U.S. was genuinely unsettled, the author consistently informs the readers of instances when, in truth, they need to “stay tuned” for the next development in today’s high-stakes U.S. testing arena. As a result, the reader feels part of an exciting and evolving profession.
Table of Contents
1 Why Do Teachers Need to Know about Assessment?
2 Deciding What to Assess and How to Assess It
3 Reliability of Assessment
6 Selected-Response Tests
7 Constructed-Response Tests
8 Performance Assessment
9 Portfolio Assessment
10 Affective Assessment
11 Improving Teacher-Developed Assessments
12 Formative Assessment
13 Making Sense Out of Standardized Test Scores
14 Appropriate and Inappropriate Test-Preparation Practices
15 The Evaluation of Instruction
16 Assessment-Based Grading
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134246246
Includes this title packaged with:
- Integrating Differentiated Instruction and Understanding by Design : Connecting Content and Kids
Carol Ann Tomlinson, Jay McTighe, The ASCD
$149.13 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$54.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306406-3