Dealing with student misbehavior and encouraging student motivation are two of the most important concerns for new teachers. Classroom Management for Middle and High School Teachers, Ninth Edition, provides new and experienced teachers with the skills, approaches, and strategies necessary to establish effective management systems in the secondary-school classroom.
Based on 30 years of research and experience in more than 500 classrooms, the newest edition of this best-selling text presents step-by-step guidelines for planning, implementing, and developing classroom management tasks to build a classroom environment that focuses on and encourages learning. Students can apply what they learn as they review and complete the examples, checklists, case study vignettes, and group activities presented in each chapter.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Classroom Management
Chapter 2: Organizing Your Classroom and Materials
Chapter 3: Choosing Rules and Procedures
Chapter 4: Managing Student Work
Chapter 5: Getting Off to a Good Start
Chapter 6: Planning and Conducting Instruction
Chapter 7: Managing Cooperative Learning Groups
Chapter 8: Maintaining Appropriate Student Behavior
Chapter 9: Communication Skills for Teaching
Chapter 10: Managing Problem Behaviors
Chapter 11: Managing Special Groups
Appendix: Answer Keys for Chapter Activities
References and Further Readings
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133372854
Includes this title packaged with:
- What Every Teacher Should Know About Pass the Praxis II Test: Principles of Learning and Teaching, 3rd Edition
- What Every Teacher Should Know About Teacher-Tested Classroom Management Strategies, 3rd Edition
Blossom S. Nissman
$105.67 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$41.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307233-4