Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133833712.
In this authoritative new text, experienced counselors guide students toward embracing the profession of clinical mental health counseling and developing a standard of excellence in their practice. The materials are organized in order to match students’ developmental understanding of the profession, and divided into three sections providing an introduction, a look at the practice, and contemporary trends in clinical mental health counseling. Each chapter is designed to meet learning outcomes associated with the 2009 accreditation standards established by the Council for Accreditation of counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The learning outcomes are based on general core areas of the CACREP standards and those related to the specialization of clinical mental health counseling. Clinical Mental Health Counseling by Sheperis and Sheperis is the ideal resource for establishing a firm foundation in the theory and practice of clinical mental health counseling. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and internet resources.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
Part One: Introduction to the Profession of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Chapter 1: What is Clinical Mental Health Counseling?
Chapter 2: Ethical and Legal Issues
Chapter 3: Education, Credentialing, and Professional Development
Chapter 4: Employment settings for mental health counselors
Part Two: The Practice of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Chapter 5: Professional and Social Advocacy in Clinical Mental Health
Chapter 6 Client Assessment and Diagnosis
Chapter 7: Case Conceptualization and Treatment Planning
Chapter 8: Working Within the Managed Care System
Chapter 9: Consultation and Referrals
Chapter 10: Prevention and Crisis Intervention Services
Part Three: Contemporary Trends in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Chapter 11: Psychopharmocology
Chapter 12: Forensic Mental Health Counseling
Chapter 13: Addictions Counseling
Chapter 14 Clinical Supervision
Chapter 15: Internet-Based Counseling
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$32.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-325855-4