An ad campaign won't cut it. A Twitter account doesn't guarantee it. Manipulative tricks will backfire. Instead, you need quality, compelling web content that attracts people and engages them for the long haul.
Clout explains the key principles of influence and how to apply them to web content. Along the way, those principles come to life with lots of practical examples. With this book, you'll:
- Discover why a technology feature, marketing campaign, SEO effort, or redesign aren't enough to influence online.
- Understand the business value of compelling web content.
- Learn 8 principles for influence from the art of rhetoric and the science of psychology.
- Find out what context is and why it's so important to influence.
- Jump start your planning for content over time with patterns and diagrams.
- Learn the basics of evaluation to determine whether your web content is making a difference.
Table of Contents
1 Same Road, Same (Lack of) Results
2 A Harder but Higher Road
Part II THE PRINCIPLES
3 Context: Where Clout Begins and Ends
4 Rhetoric: The Art of Influence
5 Psychology: The Science of Influence
Part III THE CLIMB
7 Persist through Roadblocks
8 Prepare to Evaluate
9 Evaluate with the Right Methods
11 Reach the Top—But Don’t Stop
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
Add to Cart