An ad campaign won't cut it. A Twitter account doesn't guarantee it. Manipulative tricks will backfire. Instead, you need quality, compelling web content that attracts people and engages them for the long haul.
Clout explains the key principles of influence and how to apply them to web content. Along the way, those principles come to life with lots of practical examples. With this book, you'll:
- Discover why a technology feature, marketing campaign, SEO effort, or redesign aren't enough to influence online.
- Understand the business value of compelling web content.
- Learn 8 principles for influence from the art of rhetoric and the science of psychology.
- Find out what context is and why it's so important to influence.
- Jump start your planning for content over time with patterns and diagrams.
- Learn the basics of evaluation to determine whether your web content is making a difference.
Table of Contents
1 Same Road, Same (Lack of) Results
2 A Harder but Higher Road
Part II THE PRINCIPLES
3 Context: Where Clout Begins and Ends
4 Rhetoric: The Art of Influence
5 Psychology: The Science of Influence
Part III THE CLIMB
7 Persist through Roadblocks
8 Prepare to Evaluate
9 Evaluate with the Right Methods
11 Reach the Top—But Don’t Stop
Format: eBook (Watermarked)
This publication is not currently for sale.