For courses in Criminal Justice, Criminal Law, and Policing.
The first of its kind, this book has taken on the monumental task of explaining what the criminal statutes mean. Appropriate for a broad audience, it is a must for anyone attempting to understand and apply the United States criminal statutes. It contains hundreds of criminal statutes–in complete verbatim text–ranging from the well-known, basic offenses to the uncommon criminal laws that are rarely invoked. Chapters are accompanied by illustrative stories and practical application sections that draw readers in and help them apply statutes to realistic situations. With national appeal, this practical guide makes the penal code a more interesting and educational tool.
Table of Contents
1. Criminal Homicide
2. Assault; Reckless Endangering; Threats
3. Kidnapping and Related Offenses: Coercion
4. Sexual Assault
6. Bias Felonies
7. Arson, Criminal Mischief, and Other Property Destruction
8. Burglary and Other Criminal Intrusion
9. Theft and Related Offenses
10. Forgery and Fraudulent Practices
11. Disturbing Human Remains
12. Offenses Against the Family, Children and Incompetents
13. Domestic Violence
14. Bribery and Corrupt Influence
15. Perjury and Other Falsification in Official Matters
16. Obstructing Governmental Operations: Escapes
17. Misconduct in Office; Abuse of Office
18. Riot, Disorderly Conduct, and Related Offenses
19. Public Indecency
20. Controlled Dangerous Substances
21. Drug Paraphernalia
22. Gambling Offenses
24. Firearms, Other Dangerous Weapons and Instruments of Crime
25. Hazing, Cloning and Other Offenses Relating to Public Safety
27. General Principles of Liability and Justification; Defenses; Inchoate Felonies
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Code of Criminal Justice: A Practical Guide to the Penal Statutes, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$24.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501014-3