Codes, Regulations, and Standards in Interior Design shows interior design students and practitioners how to make the incorporation of code requirements an integral part of their design process. The text develops a clear understanding of the reasons for, the history of, the meaning and application of, and the enforcement of applicable codes, regulations, and standards to real problems in Interior Design. Hurt instills in students that codes, regulations, and standards are not "necessary evils", but are there to assist them as designers in understanding and applying the principles of life safety and property protection, both of which are important and integral goals in any design project. The text covers the most current reference documents available today—primarily the 2009 series of model codes from the International Code Council.
Table of Contents
1. Why is Code Language So Difficult?
2. What Are Codes?
3. What is Code Enforcement?
4. What is Building Type?
5. What is Occupancy Type?
6. What is Egress?
7. What is Accessibility?
8. Interior Materials Requirements
9. Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing
10. Residential Requirements
11. Building Renovation Requirements
Appendix A: Design Tips
Appendix B: Definitions
Appendix C: Resources
Appendix D: Exercises
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$29.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-268355-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users