Provides a balance between classic research and current topics
The psychology of human memory and cognition is fascinating, dealing with questions and ideas that are inherently interesting; how we think, reason, remember, and use language, to name just a few. Using a first person narrative, Cognition, 6/e poses direct questions to the reader, and balances classic research with cutting edge topics, drawing in the reader and conveying the excitement of the field.
The sixth edition has been updated and expanded upon, with two new chapters – one on cognitive development and the other on cognition and emotion. Reflecting the increasing use of new technologies to study memory and cognition, the authors continue to integrate sections on neurosciences within individual chapter topics.
MyPsychLab is a part of the Ashcraft / Radvansky program. Research and writing tools, including access to academic journals, help students explore Cognition in even greater depth. To provide students with flexibility, students can download the eText to a tablet using the free Pearson eText app.
This text is available in a variety of formats – digital and print. Pearson offers its titles on the devices students love through Pearson’s MyLab products, CourseSmart, Amazon, and more. To learn more about our programs, pricing options and customization, click the Choices tab.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Cognitive Psychology: An Introduction
Chapter 2: Cognitive Neuroscience and Cognitive Science
Chapter 3: Sensation and Perception
Chapter 4: Attention
Chapter 5: Short-Term Working Memory
Chapter 6: Learning and Remembering
Chapter 7: Knowing
Chapter 8: Using Knowledge in the Real World
Chapter 9: Language
Chapter 10: Comprehension: Written and Spoken Language
Chapter 11: Decisions, Judgments, and Reasoning
Chapter 12: Problem Solving
Chapter 13: Cognition and Emotion 470
Chapter 14: Cognitive Development (online chapter)
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$83.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-98653-8
$82.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-98702-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users