One of the top sellers in the field, Cognitive Psychology is well-written, humorous, and remains the most comprehensive and balanced text in the area of undergraduate cognition. MacLin and MacLin, inheriting the textbook from the late Robert L. Solso, boldly revised and reorganized the Eighth Edition to reflect emerging trends in the field, while retaining the strengths that made it one of the most popular texts among students and professors. The text features a sequential model of human cognition from sensation to perception, to attention, to memory, to higher-order cognition, and features new cutting-edge coverage of consciousness, cognitive neuroscience, memory and forgetting, and evolutionary psychology.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and Research Methods
2. Cognitive Neuroscience
3. Attention, Sensation, and Perception
4. Object Recognition
5. Memory Models and Short Term Memory
6. Long Term Memory
7. Forgetting and Remembering
9. The Verbal Representation of Knowledge
10. The Visual Representation of Knowledge
12. Cognition Across the Lifespan
13. Concept Formation, Logic and Decision Making
14. Problem Solving, Creativity and Intelligence
15. Artificial Intellilgence
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Cognitive Psychology, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$75.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-61431-8