Table of Contents
R. Review of Basic Concepts
R.2 Real Numbers and Their Properties
R.4 Factoring Polynomials
R.5 Rational Expressions
R.6 Rational Exponents
R.7 Radical Expressions
1. Equations and Inequalities
1.1 Linear Equations
1.2 Applications and Modeling with Linear Equations
1.3 Complex Numbers
1.4 Quadratic Equations
1.5 Applications and Modeling with Quadratic Equations
1.6 Other Types of Equations and Applications
1.8 Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities
2. Graphs and Functions
2.1 Rectangular Coordinates and Graphs
2.4 Linear Functions
2.5 Equations of Lines and Linear Models
2.6 Graphs of Basic Functions
2.7 Graphing Techniques
2.8 Function Operations and Composition
3. Polynomial and Rational Functions
3.1 Quadratic Functions and Models
3.2 Synthetic Division
3.3 Zeros of Polynomial Functions
3.4 Polynomial Functions: Graphs, Applications, and Models
3.5 Rational Functions: Graphs, Applications, and Models
4. Inverse, Exponential, and Logarithmic Functions
4.1 Inverse Functions
4.2 Exponential Functions
4.3 Logarithmic Functions
4.4 Evaluating Logarithms and the Change-of-Base Theorem
4.5 Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
4.6 Applications and Models of Exponential Growth and Decay
5. Trigonometric Functions
5.2 Trigonometric Functions
5.3 Evaluating Trigonometric Functions
5.4 Solving Right Triangles
6. The Circular Functions and Their Graphs
6.1 Radian Measure
6.2 The Unit Circle and Circular Functions
6.3 Graphs of the Sine and Cosine Functions
6.4 Translations of the Graphs of the Sine and Cosine Functions
6.5 Graphs of the Tangent, Cotangent, Secant, and Cosecant
6.6 Harmonic Motion
7. Trigonometric Identities and Equations
7.1 Fundamental Identities
7.2 Verifying Trigonometric Identities
7.3 Sum and Difference Identities
7.4 Double-Angle and Half-Angle Identities
7.5 Inverse Circular Functions
7.6 Trigonometric Equations
7.7 Equations Involving Inverse Trigonometric Functions
8. Applications of Trigonometry
8.1 The Law of Sines
8.2 The Law of Cosines
8.3 Vectors, Operation, and the Dot Product
8.4 Applications of Vectors
8.5 Trigonometric (Polar) Form of Complex Numbers; Products and Quotients
8.6 De Moivre's Theorem; Powers and Roots of Complex Numbers
8.7 Polar Equations and Graphs
8.8 Parametic Equations, Graphs, and Applications
9. Systems and Matrices
9.1 Systems of Linear Equations
9.2 Matrix Solution of Linear Systems
9.3 Determinant Solution of Linear Systems
9.4 Partial Fractions
9.5 Nonlinear Systems of Equations
9.6 Systems of Inequalities and Linear Programming
9.7 Properties of Matrices
9.8 Matrix Inverses
10. Analytic Geometry
10.4 Summary of the Conic Sections
11. Further Topics in Algebra
11.1 Sequences and Series
11.2 Arithmetic Sequences and Series
11.3 Geometric Sequences and Series
11.4 The Binomial Theorem
11.5 Mathematical Induction
11.6 Counting Theory
11.7 Basics of Probability
Appendix A. Polar Form of Conic Sections
Appendix B. Rotation of Axes
Appendix C. Geometry Formulas
Solutions to Selected Exercises
Answers to Selected Exercises
Index of Applications
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$35.00 | Add to Cart
$45.60 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-79151-1
$85.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-79539-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$104.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84919-9
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$134.48 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-89373-4
$188.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-82805-7
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$174.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-79531-1