Michael Sullivan’s time-tested approach focuses students on the fundamental skills they need for the course: preparing for class, practicing with homework, and reviewing the concepts. The Enhanced with Graphing Utilities Serieshas evolved to meet today’s course needs by integrating the usage of graphing calculator, active-learning, and technology in new ways to help students be successful in their course, as well as in their future endeavors.
Table of Contents
R.1 Real Numbers
R.2 Algebra Essentials
R.3 Geometry Essentials
R.5 Factoring Polynomials
R.6 Synthetic Division
R.7 Rational Expressions
R.8 nth Roots; Rational Exponents
1. Graphs, Equations, and Inequalities
1.1 The Distance and Midpoint Formulas; Graphing Utilities; Introduction to Graphing Equations
1.2 Solving Equations Using a Graphing Utility; Linear and Rational Equations
1.3 Quadratic Equations
1.4 Complex Numbers; Quadratic Equations in the Complex Number System
1.5 Radical Equations; Equations Quadratic in Form; Absolute Value Equations; Factorable Equations
1.6 Problem Solving: Interest, Mixture, Uniform Motion, Constant Rate Jobs
1.7 Solving Inequalities
2.1 Intercepts; Symmetry; Graphing Key Equations
3. Functions and Their Graphs
3.2 The Graph of a Function
3.3 Properties of Functions
3.4 Library of Functions; Piecewise-defined Functions
3.5 Graphing Techniques: Transformations
3.6 Mathematical Models: Building Functions
4. Linear and Quadratic Functions
4.1 Linear Functions, Their Properties, and Linear Models
4.2 Building Linear Models from Data
4.3 Quadratic Functions and Their Properties
4.4 Building Quadratic Models from Verbal Descriptions and Data
4.5 Inequalities Involving Quadratic Functions
5. Polynomial and Rational Functions
5.1 Polynomial Functions and Models
5.2 The Real Zeros of a Polynomial Function
5.3 Properties of Rational Functions
5.4 The Graph of a Rational Function
5.5 Polynomial and Rational Inequalities
5.6 Complex Zeros; Fundamental Theorem of Algebra
6. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
6.1 Composite Functions
6.2 One-to-One Functions; Inverse Functions
6.3 Exponential Functions
6.4 Logarithmic Functions
6.5 Properties of Logarithms
6.6 Logarithmic and Exponential Equations
6.7 Financial Models
6.8 Exponential Growth and Decay Models; Newton's Law; Logistic Growth and Decay Models
6.9 Building Exponential, Logarithmic, and Logistic Models from Data
7. Analytic Geometry
7.2 The Parabola
7.3 The Ellipse
7.4 The Hyperbola
8. Systems of Equations and Inequalities
8.1 Systems of Linear Equations: Substitution and Elimination
8.2 Systems of Linear Equations: Matrices
8.3 Systems of Linear Equations: Determinants
8.4 Matrix Algebra
8.5 Partial Fraction Decomposition
8.6 Systems of Nonlinear Equations
8.7 Systems of Inequalities
8.8 Linear Programming
9. Sequences; Induction; the Binomial Theorem
9.2 Arithmetic Sequences
9.3 Geometric Sequences; Geometric Series
9.4 Mathematical Induction
9.5 The Binomial Theorem
10. Counting and Probability
10.2 Permutations and Combinations
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$45.60 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81656-6
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81651-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$95.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84916-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$158.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81647-4