For First-Year Experience, College Success, and Student Development courses. Written specifically for 1 credit hour student success courses and/or those with blended and online students, it addresses the needs and challenges of students as digital learners. It aligns with learning outcomes from both the Student Success CourseConnect online course and MyStudentSuccessLab. Designed for use as a stand alone text or a print companion with one of these technologies for hybrid, online, or 1 credit hour student success courses.
The College Experience Compact provides students with the “unwritten rules” for college success to help them develop a plan to handle any situation. Student success doesn’t just happen. Instead, it is a combination of motivation, preparation, knowledge, persistence, and relationships. No matter how prepared some students are for the academic challenges of college, they may not always be ready for the cultural challenges that include understanding professors’ expectations and navigating financial issues that are part of the experience. Written to provide clear, concise, and practical information and concepts through a unique Feature set, students are prompted to review important college documents such as the syllabus, consider how to make good choices and maintain their personal integrity, and analyze their own situations and apply the content to new ones. Specifically, students will learn what college expectations are and how to exceed them.
0321886100 / 9780321886101 College Experience Compact, The Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2012 Update -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321856767 / 9780321856760 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2012 Update -- Value Pack Access Card
0321856910 / 9780321856913 College Experience Compact, The
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Your Mission Statement and Goals
Lesson 2: Time Management
Lesson 3: Money Management
Lesson 4: Critical and Creative Thinking
Lesson 5: Learning Preferences
Lesson 6: Listening and Note-taking
Lesson 7: Reading and Note-taking
Lesson 8: Studying and Test-taking
Lesson 9: Communication and Diversity
Lesson 10: Information Literacy
Lesson 11: Managing Stress
Lesson 12: Career Exploration
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend College Experience Compact, The Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab Update -- Access Card Package as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$72.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-92041-6
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85709-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users