College Geometry is an approachable text, covering both Euclidean and Non-Euclidean geometry. This text is directed at the one semester course at the college level, for both pure mathematics majors and prospective teachers. A primary focus is on student participation, which is promoted in two ways: (1) Each section of the book contains one or two units, called Moments for Discovery, that use drawing, computational, or reasoning experiments to guide students to an often surprising conclusion related to section concepts; and (2) More than 650 problems were carefully designed to maintain student interest.
Table of Contents
To the Student.
1. Exploring Geometry.
2. Foundations of Geometry I: Points, Lines, Segments, and Angles.
3. Foundations of Geometry II: Triangles, Quadrilaterals, and Circles.
4. Euclidean Geometry: Trigonometry, Coordinates, and Vectors.
6. Alternative Concepts for Parallelism: Non-Euclidean Geometry.
7. An Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry.
Special Topics: An Introduction to Projective Geometry.
An Introduction to Convexity Theory.
$34.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83095-1
$119.99 $113.99 |
Free Ground Shipping.