ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
--Intended for algebra-based introductory physics courses.
Built from the ground up for effective learning; refined to help you focus on the big picture.
Building on the research-proven instructional techniques introduced in Knight’s Physics for Scientists and Engineers, College Physics: A Strategic Approach sets a new standard for algebra-based introductory physics–gaining widespread critical acclaim from professors and students alike. The text, supplements, and MasteringPhysics® work together to help you see and understand the big picture, gain crucial problem-solving skills and confidence, and better prepare for lecture and their future.
For the Third Edition, Randy Knight, Brian Jones, and Stuart Field have incorporated student feedback and research to strengthen their focus on student learning, and to apply the best results from educational research and extensive user feedback and metadata.
This program presents an unparalleled learning experience, uniquely effective and integrated.
- Personalize learning with MasteringPhysics: MasteringPhysics provides you with engaging experiences that coach you through physics with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of educationally effective content.
- Prepare for lecture: Prepare yourself for lecture with innovative and engaging media tools, tailored carefully to reinforce the textbook.
- Understand the big picture: Learn the connections between topics, the real-world context, and the overarching themes, skills, and principles of physics using refined and expanded learning tools.
- Develop problem-solving skills: Equip yourself with problem-solving tactics and strategies through expanded guidance and practice in the text and online in MasteringPhysics.
- Foster skills for the MCAT: Gear up for the new MCAT with enhanced life-science and biomedical applications in the text and problems, and increased emphasis on reasoning with real-world situations and data.
0321902556 / 9780321902559 College Physics: A Strategic Approach Plus MasteringPhysics with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321879724 / 9780321879721 College Physics: A Strategic Approach
0321905202 / 9780321905208 MasteringPhysics with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for College Physics: A Strategic Approach
0321907248 / 9780321907240 Student Workbook for College Physics: A Strategic Approach
Table of Contents
1. Representing Motion
2. Motion in One Dimension
3. Vectors and Motion in Two Dimensions
4. Forces and Newton’s Laws of Motion
5. Applying Newton’s Laws
6. Circular Motion, Orbits, and Gravity
7. Rotational Motion
8. Equilibrium and Elasticity
II. CONSERVATION LAWS
10. Energy and Work
11. Using Energy
III. PROPERTIES OF MATTER
12. Thermal Properties of Matter
IV. OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES
15. Traveling Waves and Sound
16. Superposition and Standing Waves
17. Wave Optics
18. Ray Optics
19. Optical Instruments
VI. ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM
20. Electric Fields and Forces
21. Electrical Potential
22. Current and Resistance
24. Magnetic Fields and Forces
25. Electromagnetic Induction and Electromagnetic Waves
26. AC Electricity
VII. MODERN PHYSICS
28. Quantum Physics
29. Atoms and Molecules
30. Nuclear Physics
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$41.60 | Add to Cart
$41.60 | Add to Cart
$47.80 | Add to Cart
$53.20 | Add to Cart
$83.20 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$113.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90881-0
$113.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94378-1
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90521-5
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94377-4
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$115.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90723-3
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$168.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90878-0
$180.07 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90877-3
$207.73 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90882-7
$283.87 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-87972-1
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$193.07 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90716-5