College Physics conveys the fundamental concepts of algebra-based physics in a readable and concise manner. The authors emphasize the importance of conceptual understanding before solving problems numerically, use everyday life examples to keep students interested, and promote logical thinking to solve multiple step problems.
The Seventh Edition of this text presents an especially clear learning path, places a strong emphasis on understanding concepts and problem-solving.
CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
1. Measurement and Problem Solving
2. Kinematics: Description of Motion
3. Motion in Two Dimensions
4. Force and Motion
5. Work and Energy
6. Linear Momentum and Collisions
7. Circular Motion and Gravitation
8. Rotational Motion and Equilibrium
9. Solids and Fluids
10. Temperature and Kinetic Theory
13. Vibrations and Waves
15. Electric Charge, Forces, and Fields
16. Electric Potential, Energy, and Capacitance
17. Electric Current and Resistance
18. Basic Electric Circuits
20. Electromagnetic Induction and Waves
21. AC Circuits
22. Reflection and Refraction of Light
23. Mirrors and Lenses
24. Physical Optics: The Wave Nature of Light
25. Vision and Optical Instruments
27. Quantum Physics
28. Quantum Mechanics and Atomic Physics
29. The Nucleus
30. Nuclear Reactions and Elementary Particles
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
College Physics, CourseSmart eTextbook, 7th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$111.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-66071-8