Uses an active learning approach that focuses on the reader choosing, applying, and assessing practical strategies, with the goal of creating an effective, efficient, and individualized system of study.
College Study exposes readers to how to make informed choices about learning content that is often new, complex, and changing rapidly, especially given the increasing link between technology and learning. Included is the inter-relationship of students’ learning behaviors and attitudes, with an emphasis on applying multi-modal strategies into daily course work. The text covers the major learning skills topics: academic planning and goal-setting, time management and procrastination, productivity, active listening and note taking, reading and studying, preparing for and taking tests, enhancing learning and memory, reducing worry/anxiety, and online and web-based strategies. The text is written in a streamlined format; with an informal, personal writing style; and engaging activities that maintain the reader’s attention and appeal to today’s college students.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 Creating Academic Success
CHAPTER 2 Managing Your Time
CHAPTER 3 Maximizing Your Productivity
CHAPTER 4 Active Listening and Note Taking
CHAPTER 5 Reading and Studying Text Material
CHAPTER 6 Enhancing Your Learning and Memory
CHAPTER 7 Preparing for Tests
CHAPTER 8 Taking Tests
CHAPTER 9 Continuing Your Academic Success: A Review
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321910301
Includes this title packaged with:
- Premier Planner 2013-2014
Prentice Hall SSCD
$58.47 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780321986689
Includes this title packaged with:
- Say This, NOT That to Your Professor: 36 Talking Tips for College Success
$54.47 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$48.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-278272-2
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85709-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$19.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-409775-6