From the most basic methods for evaluating and correcting an overall image to the most advanced targeted corrections and creative stylizations, Color Correction Handbook, Second Edition, is your one-stop guide. Among many valuable concepts and techniques, you’ll learn to:
• Set up a professional color correction environment using the latest technologies and adhere to the most up-to-date standards
• Work with log-encoded media and LUTs
• Analyze shots quickly and correct errors of color and exposure
• Create idealized adjustments for key features such as skin tone, skies, and product shots
• Develop strategies for balancing clips in a scene to match one another for continuity, and grading greenscreen clips destined for visual effects
• Master a variety of stylistic techniques used to set a scene’s mood
• Apply principles of color and contrast to add depth and visual interest
• Browse valuable research about memory colors, audience preferences, and critical corrections for achieving appealing skin tones and controlled environments
• Follow along with the downloadable files that accompany this book, including HD footage, cross-platform exercises, and project files.
Table of Contents
1 COLOR CORRECTION WORKFLOWS
2 SETTING UP A COLOR CORRECTION
3 PRIMARY CONTRAST ADJUSTMENTS
4 PRIMARY COLOR ADJUSTMENTS
5 HSL QUALIFICATION AND HUE CURVES
7 ANIMATING GRADES
8 MEMORY COLORS: SKIN TONE, SKIES, AND FOLIAGE
9 SHOT MATCHING AND SCENE BALANCING
10 QUALITY CONTROL AND BROADCAST SAFE
PREVIEW: COLOR CORRECTION LOOK BOOK
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
$63.99Add to Cart