The goal: Re-imagine what texts and resources for interior design education might look like.
The resources contained in MyInteriorDesignKit and this companion text are an experiment in interactive learning. Rather than giving static facts and endless pages of text, users are introduced to the core topics of interior design through the real experiences of successful industry professionals. Learners are engaged and challenged by taking them on virtual field trips to suppliers, paint manufacturers and all the locations where the business of design happens. Videos are used to simulate decision making activities and encourage learners to think like designers. Also, Included are learning modules in print and digital forms to introduce users to core topics in a fun, interactive way!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Defining Interior Design and the Process
Chapter 2 The Interior Design Profession
Chapter 3 Elements and Principles of Design
Chapter 4 Colors and Palettes
Chapter 5 Lighting for Interiors
Chapter 6 Planning the Space: Room by Room
Chapter 7 Finishes: Floor to Ceiling
Chapter 8 Furniture Selections
Chapter 9 The Details: Artwork and Accessories
Chapter 10 Universal Design
Chapter 11 Special Considerations: Sustainable Design
Chapter 12 Communicating the Vision
Chapter 13 The Business of Interior Design
Chapter 14 The Next Steps
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.Back Order
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$30.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-304598-7