For undergraduate courses in Compensation Management and Wage and Salary Administration.
As the leading text in its field Compensation Management offers a practical exploration of the systems, methods, and procedures involved in establishing and administering a compensation system within any organization.
Table of Contents
I. MACROECONOMIC COMPENSATION CONCEPTS
1. Compensation in a Knowledge-Based Global Economy
2. The Reward System: Compensation and Noncompensation Dimensions
3. The World of Pay and Compensation
4. Organizational Structure: Strategic and Tactical Compensation Issues
5. Legislation and Compensation
II. MICROECONOMIC COMPENSATION CONCEPTS
6. Job Analysis
7. Job Description
8. Job Evaluation
9. A Point-Factor Method of Job Evaluation
10. Surveying Market Pay and Compensation Practices
11. Designing a Base Pay Structure
12. Team-Based Pay in a Knowledge-Based World
III. MICRO- AND MACROECONOMIC COMPENSATION CONCEPTS
13. Measuring and Paying for Performance
Appendix 13A: Ranking and Rating Instruments and Formats
Appendix 13B: Validity and Reliability
14. Short-Term Incentives
Appendix 14A: Setting Standards and Designing Incentives for an Industrial Economy
Appendix 14B: Two Other Kinds of Gainsharing Plans
15. Long-Term Incentives and WealthBuilding
16. Executive and International Compensation
Appendix 16A: Tax Legislation—Related Terms
Appendix 16B: Stock and Stock Equivalent Acquisition Plans
Appendix 16C: Special Corporate Insurance Programs
17. Benefits and Services
18. Pay Delivery Administration
Glossary of Terms
INTERNET COMPENSATION RESOURCES
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$96.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-187125-0