MasteringPhysicsis not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Conceptual Physics with MasteringPhysics®, Twelfth Edition Paul Hewitt integrates a compelling text and the most advanced media to make physics interesting, understandable, and relevant for non-science majors. The Twelfth Edition will delight you with informative and fun Hewitt-Drew-It screencasts, updated content, applications, and new learning activities in MasteringPhysics.
Hewitt’s text is guided by the principle of "concepts before calculations" is famous for engaging students with analogies and imagery from the real-world that build a strong conceptual understanding of physical principles ranging from classical mechanics to modern physics.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you.
- Personalize learning with MasteringPhysics: MasteringPhysics provides you with engaging experiences that coach you through physics with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a huge variety of educationally effective content.
- Prepare for lecture: NEW! 100 Hewitt-Drew-It screencasts, authored and narrated by Paul Hewitt, explain physics concepts through animation and narration. The exciting new Screencasts, accessed through QR codes in the textbook, will enable you to engage with the physics concepts more actively outside of class.
- Make physics delightful: Relevant and accessible narrative, analogies from real-world situations, and simple representations of the underlying mathematical relationships make physics more appealing.
- Build a strong conceptual understanding of physics: You will gain a solid understanding of physics through practice and problem solving in the book and in MasteringPhysics.
Table of Contents
1. About Science
2. Newton’s First Law of Motion: Inertia
3. Linear Motion
4. Newton’s Second Law of Motion: Force and Acceleration
5. Newton’s Third Law of Motion: Action and Reaction
8. Rotational Motion
10. Projectile and Satellite Motion
II. PROPERTIES OF MATTER
11. Atomic Nature of Matter
14. Gases and Plasmas
15. Temperature, Heat and Expansion
16. Heat Transfer
17. Change of Phase
19. Vibrations and Waves
21. Musical Sounds
V. ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM
23. Electric Current
25. Electromagnetic Induction
26. Properties of Light
28. Reflection and Refraction
29. Light Waves
30. Light Emission
31. Light Quanta
VII. ATOMIC AND NUCLEAR PHYSICS
32. The Atom and the Quantum
33. Atomic Nucleus and Radioactivity
34. Nuclear Fission and Fusion
35. Special Theory of Relativity
36. General Theory of Relativity
A. Systems of Measurement
B. More About Motion
D. More About Vectors
E. Exponential Growth and Doubling Time
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$66.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90975-6
$110.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94057-5
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$78.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90976-3
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$128.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90979-4