For courses in Organizational Leadership and Supervision, Human Resources Management, Communications and Conflict Studies.
Taking a front-line view, The Conflict Survival Kit: Tools for Resolving Conflict at Workfocuses on topics supervisors, team leads and managers need to know to address conflict in organizations. Each chapter succinctly explains conflict theories, frameworks and models, while focusing on important interpersonal and management skills. This classroom text and on-the-job guide presents strategies that can be used immediately in the workplace and provides hands-on practice throughout. Fully updated in this edition, it includes a new section on cultural communication differences, more on mediation, strategies for staying calm during confrontation and a section on managing bullying in the workplace.
Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Conflict
Part I: The Theory and Context for Managing Conflict in the Workplace
2. Preventing Conflict
3. Approaches to Conflict
4. Working Toward Collaboration
Part II: Interpersonal Communication Skills for Resolving Conflict
5. The Three Channels of Communication
6. Listening to Resolve Conflict and Build Lasting Relationships
7. The Communication Continua
Part III: Preparing to Resolve Conflicts
8. Are You Capable?
9. Opening the Doors to Conflict Resolution
Part IV: Application and Practice
10. The Building Blocks of Collaboration
11. Integrative Negotiation: Negotiating as Partners
12. Overcoming Barriers to Integrative Negotiation
13. Mediating Conflicts Between Parties
14. Decision-Making Choices for the Manager
15. Handling Conflicts Requiring Direct Confrontation
16. Special Situations: "Opportunistic" Employees, Workplace Violence, Terminations, and Bullying
17. Achieving Effectiveness as a Conflict Manager
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$34.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-278411-5