For courses in Construction Safety, Construction and OSHA, and Safety Management for Construction.
This new offering tackles issues and standards relating to construction safety. Written to address the complexities of today’s job sites, it prepares students to handle all of the safety, health, and compliance responsibilities of even the largest construction projects. Divided into three parts, it covers not only the construction-related OSHA standards, but also essential safety topics such as accident causation theories and ethics and safety. Using key words, review questions, and end-of-chapter activities, it helps those individuals who are responsible for safety and health in one of the most potentially dangerous industries–the construction industry.
Table of Contents
PART I: THEORIES AND CONCEPTS
1. Cost of Accidents: Why Safety is Important
2. Role of Construction Personnel in Safety and Health
3. Accident Causation Theories
4. Ethics and Safety
5. Workers’ Compensation
6. OSHA Compliance
PART II: OSHA’S CONSTRUCTION STANDARD AND RELATED SAFETY PRACTICES
7. Subparts A through E and Related Safety Practices
8. Subparts F through J and Related Safety Practices
9. Subparts K through O and Related Safety Practices
10. Subparts P through U and Related Safety Practices
11. Subparts V through Z and Related Safety Practices
PART III: APPLICATION ON THE JOB
12. Construction Safety and Health: Program and Policies
13. Job Safety and Hazard Analysis
14. Accident Investigation, Reporting, and Record Keeping
15. Emergency Response Plan
16. Preventing Violence in the Workplace
17. Promoting Safety
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Construction Safety and the OSHA Standards, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$59.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-612191-6