This up-to-date and practical teaching resource makes the theories and principles of construction safety and health useful in a real-world setting, and integrates up-to-the-minute research throughout. Direct and straightforward, CONSTRUCTION SAFETY & HEALTH, 2/e focuses on the specific needs of modern construction professionals and on the requirements set forth by OSHA and other regulators., Each chapter focuses on one key area of concern, and chapters are sequenced to reflect the typical organization of college-level construction safety and health courses. Extensive updates include: LEED accreditation; effects of design on construction safety; new material on ergonomics, human factors, and behavior-based safety; and much more. Every chapter includes review questions, listings of key terms and concepts, and activities promoting critical thinking, discussion, and hands-on application.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Safety Movement and the Construction Industry
Part 1. Theories and Concepts
1. Cost of Accidents: Why Safety is Important
2. Role of Construction Personnel in Safety and Health
3. Accident Causation Theories
4. Ethics and Safety
5. Workers’ Compensation
6. OSHA Compliance
Part 2. OSHA’s Construction Standard and Related Safety Practices
7. Subparts A through E and Related Safety Practices
8. Subparts F through J and Related Safety Practices
9. Subparts K through O and Related Safety Practices
10. Subparts P through U and Related Safety Practices
11. Subparts V through Z and Related Safety Practices
Part 3. Application on the Job
12. Construction Safety and Health: Program and Policies
13. J Hazard Analysis and Construction Equipment Safety
14. Accident Investigation, Reporting, and Record Keeping
15. Emergency Response Plan
16. Total Safety Management
Part 4. Other Safety and Health Issues and Practices
17. Preventing Violence in the Workplace
18. Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace
19. Stress, Ergonomics, and Behavior-Based Safety
20. Environmental Safety and ISO 14000
21. Promoting Safety
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$25.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-237541-2
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$65.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-249372-7