For undergraduate and graduate level courses in Construction Scheduling and Project Management.
This text is a comprehensive, stand alone reference for project management scheduling. It features a unique combination of principles/fundamentals of scheduling and project management along with practical applications and tutorials of the 4 most common scheduling software programs—Microsoft Project, Primavera Project Planner (P3), SureTrak, P6 Project Manager and Contractor. Having scheduling information and software instructions in one book obviates the need for two texts, and the exercises and examples in the scheduling portion are tied to the same exercises in the software portions.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of Project Management Basics.
2. Why Schedule?
3. Checklists, Daily To-Do Lists, & Magnetic Scheduling Boards.
4. Bar Chart Schedules.
5. Introduction to CPM Scheduling.
6. Creating the Network Logic Diagram.
7. Determining Durations.
8. Calculating Start & Finish Dates.
9. Calculating Total, Shared, Free, Independent Float, and Negative Float.
10. Using Lags In Network Logic Diagrams.
11. Reviewing and Analyzing the Schedule.
12. Creating Bar Charts and Tabular Reports from Network Logic Diagrams.
13. Linear or Line-of-Balance Schedules.
14. Updating the Schedule.
15. Using the Schedule to Forecast and Balance Resources.
16. Cost Schedule Control System Criteria (C/SCSC).
17. Creating Teamwork and to Getting Subcontractors to Conform to the Schedule.
18. Other Scheduling Techniques.
19. Introduction to Computerized CPM Scheduling.
20. Managing Projects Using Primavera Project Planner (P3).
21. Managing Projects Using SureTrak.
22. Managing Projects Using Microsoft Project.
23. Managing Projects Using P6 Project Manager or Contractor.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$75.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-208274-7