Debuting in its first edition , The Contemporary American President explores the potential and limitations of presidential influence in times of rising public expectation for the office and the declining ability of presidents to meet it. It focuses on six major areas concerning the presidency— selection, power, accountability, decision making, personality, and leadership —and offers an appreciation of the challenges of the office as the institution attempts to function in an increasingly controversial political environment.
Table of Contents
1. The Selection Process
2. The President and Foreign Affairs
3. The President and Congress
4. President, Public, and Press
5. The President and the Bureaucracy
6. Decision Making in the White House
7. Five Cases in Presidential Decision Making
8. The President and Emergency Powers
9. Personality and the Presidency
10. Presidential Leadership
11. The Vice Presidency
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$55.55 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-91862-1