This core text for junior/senior-level courses in the Presidency and Presidency and Congress explores the potential and limitations of presidential influence in times of rising public expectation for the office and the declining ability of presidents to meet it. It focuses on six major areas concerning the presidency— selection, power, accountability, decision making, personality, and leadership —and offers an appreciation of the challenges of the office as the institution attempts to function in an increasingly controversial political environment.
Table of Contents
1. The Selection Process
2. The President and Foreign Affairs
3. The President and Congress
4. President, Public, and Press
5. The President and the Bureaucracy
6. Decision Making in the White House
7. Five Cases in Presidential Decision Making
8. The President and Emergency Powers
9. Personality and the Presidency
10. Presidential Leadership
11. The Vice Presidency
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Contemporary American President, The CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$46.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-85244-4