For undergraduate and graduate courses in Logistics.
This market-leading text explores modern logistics from a managerial perspective characterized by geopolitical tensions in various parts of the world, steadily increasing trade among countries and across continents, supply chain vulnerabilities caused by severe natural disasters, and an unabated pace of technological advancement. In it, readers see theory come to life through the authors’ timely, practical, thorough, and exciting coverage of the fundamentals of logistics in today’s dynamic global
The invaluable suggestions of reviewers, adopters, and others—coupled with the expertise of new co-author A. Michael Knemeyer—have been incorporated into this new 11th edition to provide the freshest, most up-to-date insights and perspectives. Included is a new case study plus new examples, references, and discussions throughout. The illustrative tables, figures, and key terms have been revised or updated.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Give Students a Solid Foundation in the Basics of Logistics: Students get a solid foundation in the basics of logistics,through the focus on the fundamentals in the book’s succinct and thorough coverage, while still getting coverage of supply chain management issues.
- Increase Students’ Understanding through Real-Life Examples: Positive real-life examples provided in the books case studies further serve to improve students’ understanding of the concepts.
- Keep your Course Current with Today’s Pressing Global Issues: Readers are brought up to date on today’s pressing global issues through the authors’ chapter revisions, new examples, current references, and addition of new content throughout.
Table of Contents
1. An Overview of Logistics
2. Logistics and Information Technology
3. Strategic and Financial Logistics
4. Organizational and Managerial Issues In Logistics
PART II. SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
5. The Supply Chain Management Concept
PART III. ELEMENTS OF LOGISTICS SYSTEMS
7. Demand Management, Order Management, and Customer Service
8. Inventory Management
9. Facility Location
10. Warehousing Management
11. Packaging and Materials Handling
13. Transportation Management
14. International Logistics
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$108.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340178-3