For undergraduate and graduate courses in Logistics.
This market-leading text explores modern logistics from a managerial perspective characterized by geopolitical tensions in various parts of the world, steadily increasing trade among countries and across continents, supply chain vulnerabilities caused by severe natural disasters, and an unabated pace of technological advancement. In it, readers see theory come to life through the authors’ timely, practical, thorough, and exciting coverage of the fundamentals of logistics in today’s dynamic global
The invaluable suggestions of reviewers, adopters, and others—coupled with the expertise of new co-author A. Michael Knemeyer—have been incorporated into this new 11th edition to provide the freshest, most up-to-date insights and perspectives. Included is a new case study plus new examples, references, and discussions throughout. The illustrative tables, figures, and key terms have been revised or updated.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Give Students a Solid Foundation in the Basics of Logistics: Students get a solid foundation in the basics of logistics,through the focus on the fundamentals in the book’s succinct and thorough coverage, while still getting coverage of supply chain management issues.
- Increase Students’ Understanding through Real-Life Examples: Positive real-life examples provided in the books case studies further serve to improve students’ understanding of the concepts.
- Keep your Course Current with Today’s Pressing Global Issues: Readers are brought up to date on today’s pressing global issues through the authors’ chapter revisions, new examples, current references, and addition of new content throughout.
Table of Contents
1. An Overview of Logistics
2. Logistics and Information Technology
3. Strategic and Financial Logistics
4. Organizational and Managerial Issues In Logistics
PART II. SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
5. The Supply Chain Management Concept
PART III. ELEMENTS OF LOGISTICS SYSTEMS
7. Demand Management, Order Management, and Customer Service
8. Inventory Management
9. Facility Location
10. Warehousing Management
11. Packaging and Materials Handling
13. Transportation Management
14. International Logistics
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$104.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297223-9